Sunday, September 13, 2009

connected at the heart ,India and me

There are people in our life time and then there are PEOPLE !!!!! You know the ones, always in the corner of your mind ,always feeling your reality with you . They can be miles away yet no more than a thought away. We connect differently to each parent ,child, sister ,brother ,on and on as life brings each to us. There is a young lady in my hearts mind every moment of every day, never more than a thought away. She stands so tall not only in stature but in spirit. She doesn't back down on what she believes nor does she let you change her mind.She's like a breath of assurance and confidence when she enters the room ,a "every thing will be alright" kind of girl. The first time I saw her she was crying her way into this world. I took her tiny hand in mine and we both knew at that very moment we would be holding hands forever. India and I are connected at the heart! my first Granddaughter. If I feel off track she ,in all her realness, pulls me back . You don't ask what she thinks of a situation unless you can take the truth. India is beautiful !!! she turns every head but never seems to notice. I love the quiet confident spirit she has and yet she allows her weak moments to be real too. She is my hero!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Mom.......that is probably the most wonderful thing I have ever read. It's weird, I forget sometimes that you and Ang were in the room when Indy was born. All you said about her is so true. She has a confidence about herself that I envy. So sure of herself at such a young age. It's very reassuring to me. I was so not like that at 14.

    You KNOW you're the top most important person in her life. And I am so pround that she can she looks up to MY MOM like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, very true. There have been times that I needed to feel that strength around me and there my India was, she didn't have to do anything but be there. She is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete